Updated February 2019
- Do you want a FREE app that tracks your time, your work and leaves nothing unaccounted for?
- Would being able to track your time be of value to your day, business development and personal growth?
- Read on! We've got just the APP for you. And it's FREE!
Toggl - the free easy online time management app with seamless hours tracking
We work in a big team as one of Australia's largest web developers, and this means a lot of projects are underway at any one time. Keeping track of where every individual's time is spent can be a hassle unless the process is automated, and after a bit of trialling, we have landed on Toggl as our preferred time tracking apps for our staff. We are currently using the free version, which works perfectly.
Flora, a web design project manager and business manager, outlines her experiences using Toggl below.
Toggl, in 100 words of less: Toggl is a very simple, time tracking App which can be used to track your working hours. It is a very user-friendly App and does not require any training. You can start and stop the tracker with a click of a button. In summary, it really couldn't be easier.
Who should use Toggl?
Who should use Toggl?
- Toggl is suited for those in the creative field who want to track their time - client work, internal work - ALL work is covered.
- However, the applications beyond the creative field are extensive - Toggl is perfect for those in the legal, accounting and professional services fields who need accurate resource allocation reporting.
- Toggl is very helpfully free for those looking for a basic version, so there really isn't any barrier to getting it set up.
Flipping between projects is effortless and accurate, with reporting to the second.
- If you forget to add entries one day, you can add the hours manually, and it is very easy to edit the entries or date.
- There is no ‘Save’ button and everything is saved automatically. It works on offline mode also so if your internet connection is not working, it will save all the entries offline and when you are next online it will automatically sync. This is perfect for working "on the go".
- You can create unlimited projects in the Toggl, even if you are on Free account. You can view the weekly /monthly or Yearly summary reports and also export the summary in the form of PDF file or CSV file.
Mobile and CRM integration
- You can also use Toggl Mobile App so that you can track your time without carrying your laptop. You don’t always work in front of your laptop and most of the tasks are done through emails and messages while you are travelling so the mobile App is a wonderful way to track your time.
- You can easily integrate Toggl with your Business Software like Asana. You just need to link your Asana Account with Toggl and all the Projects and tasks are imported to Toggl so that you can track your time individually on each project.
- Also the Toggl button can be added to the Google Chrome bar so that you can start tracking your time from any site.
- The only improvement I would like in Toggl - they should increase the space for the description bar for the tasks.
Toggl - A Summary
- I have used lots of trackers, for example the tracker provided by Upwork, and you have to download it and install on your computer while Toggl is a simple online tracking system and no downloading required.
- The best part is you are not swamped with adverts even if you are using the Free version.
- Toggl is a must if you are an individual or working in a team.