Updated February 2019
A Little History
- In March 2016 our digital agency, based in Sydney, Australia, began to use Majestic to establish a competitive advantage in the Australian web design market.
- By using Majestic to research not only our competitors in Australia but also our peers in the USA, UK and New Zealand, we were able to see where we needed to be (by way of relevance) within the digital marketing industry.
- We adopted a low volume/high quality content creation strategy, sharing our insights with only the best and most relevant peers in the field.
- We were able to use Majestic's Trustflow metric to reach out to industry relevant partners who are respected online.
- Majestic gave us real insights where we previously had very little colour. While we had used Ahrefs below, with success, our personal experience was that Trustflow is unique to Majestic and we have elected to rely heavily on this metric (see below).
- Our Google search results have significantly improved and every day we're receiving more and more leads through our website's contact form, by phone and by direct email.
- We are NOT SEO experts, we're not active user of any SEO service nor do we use the full extend of the features offered by the Majestic tool.
- We simply execute our marketing strategy with Majestic in our toolkit, and want to share our respect for the service, as outlined below.
Why we love Majestic, and want to tell everyone about it (an unbiased outline, direct from Sydney)
- Majestic gives us TRUST FLOW - perhaps the BEST SEO metric of them all. Trust Flow, we believe, really evaluates any website's ranking potential. In fact, we use Trust Flow as the most critical metric when rolling out our marketing strategies.
- Majestic offers the Majestic Backlink Analyzer for FREE as a Chrome Extension - get the latest metrics for Citation Flow, Trust Flow, the number of External Backlinks as well as the number of unique Referring Domains.
- Under each search, you can find an exhaustive list of External Backlinks that can be ordered by Trust Flow or one of the many other metrics.
- Majestic offers extensive reporting, meaning you can download data points and create and implement your strategy.
- The BEST pricing - $50/month for the SILVER plan is what we need, and really, it covers everything any SME will most likely need.
- Majestic offers the simplest interface of any program we've used (MOZ, AHREFS) - we're simple people and don't ask for much, so this may be the reason we find it so easy.
- Compare up to FIVE websites with this very cool tool seamlessly
Majestic - Our Summary
- Majestic offers a great value, fully rounded SEO tool for effectively x-raying any website online.
- Pricing is fair, at $50 a month (with an annual discount) and compares to what we've paid at AHrefs and MOZ.
- Personally, I just like using Majestic. It may not have the design of others, but it gives me everything I need to know on a daily basis, and I haen't properly explored the full features yet.
Majestic Tips and Tools
We've outlined a few tips and tools below which we've found useful, and will continue to add to the list as we learn more about Majestic.
Find all your key metrics, in one place.
- Topical Trust Flow outlines where your links come from by industry - this is all too relevant and critical.
- Referencing IPs - protect your Google results by ensuring your referencing domains do not concentrate around singular IP addresses.
- Your links are graphed by Trust Flow and Citation Flow - a very meaningful statistic to see link quality.
- Historical data shows the links lost over the last 5 years.
- Make quick decisions, educate yourself and make life easy with the free Majestic Backlink Analyzer as an extension for Google Chrome.
- Compare up to FIVE websites with Majestic's website compar tool
- Fantastic metrics, including .gov and .edu links
- Majestic guides you through the various tools and resources available, earning you "points" which you can use for Awards,